geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Clustering inadvertently invoked from Eclipse plugin
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 02:25:50 GMT
Hello Tim,

I am pretty sure the Eclipse plugin is deploying to all the Targets
returned by DeploymentManager.getTargets(). It should instead deploy
to the first returned Targets. By convention, this first Target is
the "default" Configuration store, which is explicitly configured by
users.

Also, there is no relationships between the existence or not of
<tomcat-clustering-wadi/> and the cluster/master repositories. When
the <tomcat-clustering-wadi/> element is present, this triggers a
build of a clustered Web-application, i.e. with the necessary
clustering components. When you deploy to the Target corresponding to
the master repository, then you build the application the usual way
(versus with the necessary clustering components) but you cascade the
resulting configuration to all the declared nodes.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,
Gianny