geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject 2.1 Release -- Banging the drum
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:27:38 GMT
All,
This note is a bit overdue (it's been a distracting start to the New
Year for me). Time, IMO, for us to get focused on our 2.1 release.

As David Jencks has pointed out. We need to start cleaning out the 2.1
Jiras. It looks like I've got several open that have been fixed,
either by additional development activities or redundant jira's. First
step is to take a look at Jira's that you've created and make sure
they are still valid and if you think it's important that they be
fixed for 2.1.

We also need to be taking a close look at our current functionality.
Make sure things are working the way we want them to... Especially
need to cast a critical eye on our the usability aspects of the new
2.1. Along the way, will be great if we can start pulling docs together.

I started running tests last night. Right away, I'm noticing little
things like warning messages being sent to STDOUT, etc. I'll start
registering problem areas that I'm seeing.

I'd like to set a target of 2 weeks for reviewing and fixing problems.
After that would start the branching, final tck, and packaging work.
If we feel this might negatively impact post-2.1 development
activities. We can consider creating a 2.1 branch sooner...

Thoughts?

--kevan