geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [YOKO]
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:05:43 GMT

On Jan 14, 2008, at 4:35 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> What cleanup steps need to be taken with the yoko code now that it's
> been made a subproject in Geronimo?  The first obvious one would be
> to remove the non-core components from the trunk.  The second would
> be to remove the "incubating" from the version names.

Agreed

> Does the code need to be repackaged so that is
> "org.apache.geronimo.yoko.*"  I see that this is not the case with
> XBEAN, so perhaps we're ok there.  Same basic question about the
> generated artifacts.

I don't think that this needs to, or should be, done.  Let's keep it
at org.apache.yoko.

> The current code was never made into an official Yoko release.
> Should we attempt to get this out as an official v1 release as soon
> as the basic cleanup is completed?

I think that some people had some concerns about a release but I think
that they were more focused on proper documentation and releasing a
well rounded product.  It's my opinion that it's ok to release so long
as the code is good enough.  With that said, I would like to make a
1.0 release.

Regards,
Alan