geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Re: 2.1 Release -- Banging the drum
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 00:46:21 GMT
It should take a day or two to fix, nothing significant.  It should
have been done when the modules were reorganized... and I have no idea
why it was not.  The reorg task should be completed before we
release.  I don't understand why folks tend to discount build related
issues.  Maybe we should consult the resident m2 expert?  :-P

On Jan 17, 2008, at 2:22 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2008 6:39 PM, Jason Dillon <> wrote:
>> I think we need to fix the pom parentage post reorganization before
>> we
>> can branch for a 2.1 release.  IMO the reorg is only half done... and
>> really needs to be finished.
> I disagree. We've been living with it for a while and am sure we can
> live with it a bit longer. I'm against any issues/tasks that would
> make the 2.1 release delayed. I don't want to tell our users that 2.1
> is the solution to their problems as it doesn't exist yet. I've seen a
> lot of answers with 2.1 as the solution so if we've suggested using
> 2.1 it's ready. There's no need to wait any longer and it should be
> released now provided it passes TCK. Any other issues can be fixed in
> 2.2.
> Jacek
> --
> Jacek Laskowski