geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: svn commit: r612439 [1/2] - in /geronimo/server/trunk: assemblies/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5/ assemblies/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5/ plugins/clustering/ plugins/clustering/clustering/ plugins/clustering/clustering/src/main/plan/ plugins/clustering/clusterin...
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:42:52 GMT
On 17/01/2008, at 1:30 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2008, at 7:48 AM, gdamour@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: gdamour
>> Date: Wed Jan 16 04:48:37 2008
>> New Revision: 612439

>> Log:
>> Move farm related classes to new sub-project geronimo-farm. Add a new
>> configuration "farming" and move farming related GBeans from the
>> clustering
>> config. to this new one. Also, by default this configuration is
>> not started.
>
> Cool. Gianny, can you give us a bit of status about where you are
> with this? Looks like you're laying some groundwork for OpenEJB
> dependencies...
Hi,

David J. proposed a while back two clustering code/module
rearrangements he was keen to have implemented before 2.1. With this
commit, both of these rearrangements are now in.

I am now integration testing the OpenEJB clustering support and it
appears I will need to do some minor adjustments. As part of the
change, four sub-projects/dependencies are added: geronimo-openejb-
clustering-wadi, geronimo-openejb-clustering-builder-wadi, openejb-
clustering-wadi and openejb-clustering-builder-wadi. This structure
mirrors the Jetty and Tomcat ones.

I also think 2.1 is belated and should be cut as soon as possible. I
will hold-on the OpenEJB commit till the creation of a 2.1 branch.

Thanks,
Gianny