geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to add jar to Geronimo classpath
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:33:58 GMT
This type of question should be asked on the geronimo user list, not
the dev list.

On Jan 2, 2008, at 12:21 PM, Viet Nguyen wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2008 12:24 PM, gersek <gersek@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>     I am trying to deploy an ejb/web project and my ejb uses some
>> utility
>> classes from realMethodsFramework.jar.   Below mentioned class
>> FrameworkDAOSessionBean(com/framework/business/ejb/
>> FrameworkDAOSessionBean)
>> is inside the jar mentioned above.
>>
>> 1. I have added realMethodsFramework.jar to EJB project as J2EE
>> module
>> dependency.

What do you mean by this?

>> 2. It is in EAR root folder.
>> 3. Tried to add to geronimo.bat as part of the classpath

Don't do this.

>> but no luck, I still get classnot found error.  Can you please
>> help me.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sekhar
>
> Hi Sekhar,
>
> Try moving the realMethodsFramework.jar to the <root_dir>/lib folder.
> It will make it into the classloader.

I find this a bit ambiguous :-) -- is the root dir the geronimo root
or the ear root?  If you are using a geronimo 2.x version, anything
in the ear lib directory will be in the ear classloader.  Don't try
adding stuff the the geronimo lib directory.

If you are using an earlier geronimo version, you need to mention the
jar you want in the ejb module's manifest classpath.  If you don't
want to use the ear's lib directory, this will also work for geronimo
2.x.

thanks
david jencks