geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Shiva Kumar H R" <shiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plan Creator for Web Apps - Implementation Complete!
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:14:25 GMT
On Jan 3, 2008 10:02 PM, Hernan Cunico <hcunico@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Shiva,
> here are some thoughts I believe may help improve usability.
>
> - Add a *Back* button on each screen. Currently the only option is
> *Cancel* if you made a mistake while entering the data.

Currently browser's back button can be used for going back to the previous
screen. If it is not intuitive, let me know and I will add a *Back *or
*Previous
*button. OR wait, the plan creator for EARs that I am currently working on
is Dojo 1.0 based, where instead of a sequence of pages I am using Dojo
tabs, and hence navigation becomes lot more easier than Next/Previous
buttons. If it comes up well I can implement the same for web-apps as well.
Let me come up with something that you can also see and we will discuss this
further.

> - It would be cool to have the ability to create an additional resource
> reference directly from the wizard. For example when installing a DB app it
> would be nice to be able to create the JDBC connection pool as well as
> specifying the resource ref name right there. Currently it lists existing
> pools, maybe add a *New* button, create the pool and then come back to the
> previous screen. Same thing would be useful for JMS, java mail, etc.

Sure. That's my intention as well. I am yet to figure out how to achieve
this.

> I'll keep testing it and will provide more feedback. BTW, nice work!!!

Thanks :) for looking at it.

--
Thanks,
Shiva