geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: 2.1 Release -- Banging the drum
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:15:40 GMT
Kevan Miller wrote:
> All,
> This note is a bit overdue (it's been a distracting start to the New
> Year for me). Time, IMO, for us to get focused on our 2.1 release.
>
> As David Jencks has pointed out. We need to start cleaning out the 2.1
> Jiras. It looks like I've got several open that have been fixed, either
> by additional development activities or redundant jira's. First step is
> to take a look at Jira's that you've created and make sure they are
> still valid and if you think it's important that they be fixed for 2.1.
>
> We also need to be taking a close look at our current functionality.
> Make sure things are working the way we want them to... Especially need
> to cast a critical eye on our the usability aspects of the new 2.1.
> Along the way, will be great if we can start pulling docs together.
>
> I started running tests last night. Right away, I'm noticing little
> things like warning messages being sent to STDOUT, etc. I'll start
> registering problem areas that I'm seeing.
>
> I'd like to set a target of 2 weeks for reviewing and fixing problems.
> After that would start the branching, final tck, and packaging work. If
> we feel this might negatively impact post-2.1 development activities. We
> can consider creating a 2.1 branch sooner...
>
> Thoughts?
>
> --kevan

I've recently upgraded our image to utilize the newly released xbean
3.3, myfaces 1.2.2, geronimo-transaction 2.1, and geronimo-connector
2.1.  Earlier I had updated the Tomcat build image and created a private
build for Pluto.

I think the only snapshots left in our image are some of the specs (JACC
& JASPI ... and it looks like Guillaume is working those along with
upgrading others) and OpenEjb.

Joe