geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <...@jnwd.net>
Subject Re: Can anyone build 1.2 from the soource repository?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:06:40 GMT
Hello again.

I tried to find the issue that kept 1.2 from being released - but the
JIRA must have been closed or moved because there are no blocking issues
on 1.2 (Anyone remember what the blocker was?).

And, right now I am doing a build with just 'mvn' (no other options).
So it looks like David was right about the maven version issue.  Use
2.0.7 instead (I have personally had problems building trunk with 2.0.8
- So I reverted back to 2.0.7).

Jay

AlskiOnTheWeb wrote:
> ....I wish it were that simple. Unfortunately, I've got to at least try and
> apply some patches and configuration from a custom build of 1.0 :-( which
> means I need something most likely from the 1.x ancestry. So, if 1.2 is a
> no-go, is 1.1.1 a good one? I need a 1.x ancestor that runs under Java 1.5.
>
> Thanks for any advice...
>
> Alski
>

> djencks wrote:
>> Note that 1.2 is not released and most likely never will be.  You
>> might consider using 2.0.2 or 2.1-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure that you need to use maven 2.0.7.  I personally have
>> not tried 2.0.8 but have heard rumors of problems.
>>
>> Until you get a successful build you may need to run the bootstrap
>> procedure.
>>
>> mvn install -Dstage=bootstrap
>> mvn install -Dstage=assemble
>>
>> As noted in the BUILDING.txt file, there are more instructions at
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/building-apache-geronimo-with-
>> maven-2.html
>>
>> Hope this helps
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Jan 22, 2008, at 10:52 AM, AlskiOnTheWeb wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I first downloaded the source tar and tried to build that. No go as
>>> it was
>>> missing some snapshots now. Not knowing the slightest bit about
>>> maven (nor
>>> wanting to really), I pulled a source tree of the 1.2 tag. I am
>>> using Sun's
>>> JDK 1.5.0_12 with Maven 2.0.8 trying to build source from
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/1.2. If I try
>>> "mvn
>>> install" as the build instructions suggest, I get:
>>>
>>> Downloading:
>>> http://repository.codehaus.org/org/apache/geronimo/plugins/car-
>>> maven-plugin/1.2/car-maven-plugin-1.2.jar
>>> Downloading:
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/plugins/car-maven-