geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <...@jnwd.net>
Subject Re: Can anyone build 1.2 from the soource repository?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 19:57:57 GMT
Hello,

Even though 1.2 was never released - I was using it in production (as a
snapshot) for quite a while.  I believe there was only one issue that
held it back from being released (I'll have to go back to check though).

I would suspect that the only thing you would need to get your build to
finish is using the 'bootstrap' flag that David mentioned.

I'm checking this now to make sure and I'll let you know.

Jay

AlskiOnTheWeb wrote:
> ....I wish it were that simple. Unfortunately, I've got to at least try and
> apply some patches and configuration from a custom build of 1.0 :-( which
> means I need something most likely from the 1.x ancestry. So, if 1.2 is a
> no-go, is 1.1.1 a good one? I need a 1.x ancestor that runs under Java 1.5.
>
> Thanks for any advice...
>
> Alski
>

> djencks wrote:
>> Note that 1.2 is not released and most likely never will be.  You
>> might consider using 2.0.2 or 2.1-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure that you need to use maven 2.0.7.  I personally have
>> not tried 2.0.8 but have heard rumors of problems.
>>
>> Until you get a successful build you may need to run the bootstrap
>> procedure.
>>
>> mvn install -Dstage=bootstrap
>> mvn install -Dstage=assemble
>>
>> As noted in the BUILDING.txt file, there are more instructions at
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/building-apache-geronimo-with-
>> maven-2.html
>>
>> Hope this helps
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Jan 22, 2008, at 10:52 AM, AlskiOnTheWeb wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I first downloaded the source tar and tried to build that. No go as
>>> it was
>>> missing some snapshots now. Not knowing the slightest bit about
>>> maven (nor
>>> wanting to really), I pulled a source tree of the 1.2 tag. I am
>>> using Sun's
>>> JDK 1.5.0_12 with Maven 2.0.8 trying to build source from
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/1.2. If I try
>>> "mvn
>>> install" as the build instructions suggest, I get:
>>>
>>> Downloading:
>>> http://repository.codehaus.org/org/apache/geronimo/plugins/car-
>>> maven-plugin/1.2/car-maven-plugin-1.2.jar
>>> Downloading:
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/plugins/car-maven-