geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a problem with AsyncHttpClient connection reuse?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:51:24 GMT
I opened a Jira on this issue:

And attached a patch that I worked up to address this.  This is
implemented by plugging a SessionCache instance into the AsyncHttpClient
instance.  A couple notes about this:

   1. I chose to use a set method instead of the a constructor argument
      because the number of permutations of the constructors is already
      a bit high.  It might be better as a constructor argument, but I
      don't think we want to try to add a permutations for all of the
      possibilities.
   2. The reuseConnection attribute became redundant when this was
      added.  The cache is now used to trigger the reuse behavior.

Please comment on the patch.  I'll not commit anything until it appears
we have consensus.

Rick