geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there a problem with AsyncHttpClient connection reuse?
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:00:09 GMT
I haven't convinced myself that this is a problem yet, but it's worth
asking the question.  The AsyncHttpClient has support for connection
reuse when making repeated connections to sites.  Since these
connnections persist between instantiations of AsyncHttpClient
instances, there's a single static cache of the reusable connections
that is maintained.  Selection from the session cache is made using the
host/port combination only, which means it's possible that a connection
that is reused by a client will get processed using the thread pool
configuration of the original connection client and not the current
requesting client.  I suspect this is not an issue that can be that can
be easily detected or protected against, so the "fix" might just be a
word of caution added to the documentation on enabling connection reuse.

rick