geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Time to move AsyncHttpClient out of Sandbox
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:29:35 GMT
AHC is a framework that allows appllications that need to assemble http
requests from a variety of other http sources.  Rather than have to
serialize the requests or spin off a thread for each request, this
interface uses the Mina NIO framework to perform each of the requests
asynchronously.

Prasad wrote a sample benchmark application to test this out:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/trunk/samples/async-http

The benchmark results are fairly impressive.  This can provide some
major throughput improvements to these types of applications.