geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <>
Subject 2.0.2 -> 2.1 Comparisons (Startup Time)
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2008 03:45:26 GMT
I started to take a performance look at the difference between 2.0.2
and 2.1.  Here is a sniff at the startup time differences.  There is a
slight degredation of about 1/2 a second in OpenEJB but that appears
to be related to some additional logging.  Perhaps this can be
disabled before we cut 2.1.  I'll do some performance tests later
tonight and tomorrow.

Here are the stats

Geronimo 2.0.2 Startup Time was 8.574 seconds with no applications
Geronimo 2.1    Startup Time was 9.053 seconds with no applications

There were several INFO messages displayed during startup in OpenEJB
that might be causing the regression.  OpenEJB's startup went from
2.841s to 3.278s in 2.0.2 to 2.1 which accounts for almost all the
increased startup times.

View raw message