geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Vamsavardhana Reddy" <c1vams...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Offline Deployer leaving behind temporary files
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:43:22 GMT
I have found the culprit.  It is the URLs that we use to read content from
an archive, for e.g., META-INF/application.xml from an ear file.  The
deployer is creating a JarFile and closing the JarFile after the deployment
operation is completed.  JarFile.close() closes all the InputStreams
obtained from the JarFile and releases any locks.

For e.g., in EARConfigBuilder.getEarPlan(), we have code like the following:

URL applicationXmlUrl = DeploymentUtil.createJarURL(earFile,
"META-INF/application.xml");
specDD = DeploymentUtil.readAll(applicationXmlUrl);

After this code is executed the earFile is locked until the JVM terminates.
If you replace the above with something similar to

        InputStream inp = earFile.getInputStream(earFile.getJarEntry
("META-INF/application.xml"));
        BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(inp));
        String line;
        while((line = br.readLine()) != null) {
            specDD += line;
        }

the earFile is no longer locked once earFile.close() is called and can be
deleted anytime.  This is what is observed on Win XP.

++Vamsi