geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Shouldn't subprojects use their file system parents as maven parents?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:34:04 GMT
On Jan 11, 2008 9:27 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I guess we'd have to ask a maven expert for a real answer, I just
> have a feeling it will lead to trouble, but...
> The <relativePath> is just wrong.  If we were to make it accurate it
> would be
>
>      <parent>
>          <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
>          <artifactId>configs</artifactId>
>          <version>2.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
>          <relativePath>../../framework/configs/pom.xml</relativePath>
>      </parent>

Ah, that's exactly what I've been thinking about recently. I couldn't
figure out why it is needed at all, but didn't ask either. I think
Jason could chime in and explain why it is there and how (if any) the
change could break maven.

(It's been a while since we migrated from ant to maven. Anybody fancy
following the route that Ode chose and migrate to buildr? ;-))

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl