geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question Regarding ModuleBuilderExtension
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 18:07:52 GMT

On Jan 3, 2008, at 3:42 AM, Manu George wrote:

> Hello,
>
>       I need a clarification regarding the ModuleBuilderExtensions
> (MBE) pattern. What I understood about this is that it is to extend
> the functionality of the existing module builders. The usage that I
> have seen is that the list of MBE's that are used by a ModuleBuilder
> are specified in the plan and after deployment and startup these are
> available. Can I dynamically (in a built and running server) add a new
> ModuleBuilderExtension to the list of existing MBEs for a particular
> ModuleBuilder. If not is there any other way provided by AG for a
> plugin to extend the features of an existing ModuleBuilder?

You might be able to use the console to override the list of
references in a ModuleBuilder, and you might be able to name your MBE
enough like an existing one that it would get added, but basically
there's no good way to do this.  Can you describe your MBE a bit more
and which MB's it needs to be associated with?

thanks
david jencks