geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From AlskiOnTheWeb <alskionthe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Can anyone build 1.2 from the soource repository?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:55:07 GMT

Well, with maven 2.0.7 and the 1,2 sources pulled from svn, I did the staged
build. The "-Dstage=bootstrap" built fine but the second "-Dstage=assemble"
failed with:

[INFO]
[INFO] Building Geronimo Configs :: OpenEJB
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [tools:require-java-version {execution: validate-java-version}]
[INFO] [tools:copy-legal-files {execution: install-legal-files}]
[INFO] Created dir:
/srv/home/amarcinkowski/geronimo/server_1.2/configs/openejb/target/classes/META-INF
[INFO] Copying 2 files to
/srv/home/amarcinkowski/geronimo/server_1.2/configs/openejb/target/classes/META-INF
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [car:prepare-plan]
[INFO] Generated:
/srv/home/amarcinkowski/geronimo/server_1.2/configs/openejb/target/plan/plan.xml
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/openejb/openejb-core/2.3-incubating/openejb-core-2.3-incubating.pom
Downloading:
http://repository.codehaus.org/org/apache/openejb/openejb-core/2.3-incubating/openejb-core-2.3-incubating.pom
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/openejb/openejb-core/2.3-incubating/openejb-core-2.3-incubating.pom
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/openejb/openejb-axis/2.3-incubating/openejb-axis-2.3-incubating.pom
Downloading:
http://repository.codehaus.org/org/apache/openejb/openejb-axis/2.3-incubating/openejb-axis-2.3-incubating.pom
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/openejb/openejb-axis/2.3-incubating/openejb-axis-2.3-incubating.pom
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/yoko/yoko-spec-corba/1.0-incubating-M2/yoko-spec-corba-1.0-incubating-M2.pom
11K downloaded
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/yoko/yoko/1.0-incubating-M2/yoko-1.0-incubating-M2.pom
26K downloaded
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/openejb/openejb-core/2.3-incubating/openejb-core-2.3-incubating.jar
Downloading:
http://repository.codehaus.org/org/apache/openejb/openejb-core/2.3-incubating/openejb-core-2.3-incubating.jar
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/openejb/openejb-core/2.3-incubating/openejb-core-2.3-incubating.jar
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/yoko/yoko-spec-corba/1.0-incubating-M2/yoko-spec-corba-1.0-incubating-M2.jar
1787K downloaded
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/openejb/openejb-axis/2.3-incubating/openejb-axis-2.3-incubating.jar
Downloading:
http://repository.codehaus.org/org/apache/openejb/openejb-axis/2.3-incubating/openejb-axis-2.3-incubating.jar
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/openejb/openejb-axis/2.3-incubating/openejb-axis-2.3-incubating.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.openejb:openejb-core:jar:2.3-incubating

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.openejb
-DartifactId=openejb-core \
          -Dversion=2.3-incubating -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
there:       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.openejb
-DartifactId=openejb-core \
          -Dversion=2.3-incubating -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file \
           -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.geronimo.configs:openejb:car:1.2
        2) org.apache.openejb:openejb-core:jar:2.3-incubating

2) org.apache.openejb:openejb-axis:jar:2.3-incubating

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.openejb
-DartifactId=openejb-axis \
          -Dversion=2.3-incubating -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
there:       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.openejb
-DartifactId=openejb-axis \
          -Dversion=2.3-incubating -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file \
           -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.geronimo.configs:openejb:car:1.2
        2) org.apache.openejb:openejb-axis:jar:2.3-incubating

----------
2 required artifacts are missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.geronimo.configs:openejb:car:1.2

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  codehaus (http://repository.codehaus.org),
  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  codehaus-snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  apache-incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 minutes 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Jan 23 06:51:24 EST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 63M/113M
[INFO]

Not knowing very much about how the version graph of maven is determined, I
can't quite figure out how to move on. Any suggestions?

Also, is 1.2 the first 1.x version that supports java 1.5?

Thanks.

Alski