On Dec 1, 2007, at 8:30 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

Okay, I put it back in... publishing new snaps now.

Thanks.

So, first the NOTICE files in all of the jars are full of useless/misleading gunk. Is it possible to lose them? All they need to contain is the following:

    // NOTICE file corresponding to the section 4d of The Apache License,
    // Version 2.0, in this case for GShell CLI

    GShell CLI
    Copyright 2003-2007 Apache Software Foundation

   Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org).

And nothing else. Guidance is welcome...

The assemblies are another matter. License text is needed for non-ASL2 licensed jar files. The NOTICE file needs to reproduce the notice files from embedded jar files (ASL2) and give appropriate attribution to their project (this is license dependent). I'll take a look at the jar files for license/notice info.

--kevan