geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GShell 1.0-alpha-1 update
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 21:29:54 GMT
Btw, while doing some testing, I found that running remote/rshd throws an
exception:
   ERROR NotFoundException: rsh-server
So I've fixed the alias to point to "remote/rsh-server" instead.
I suppose the alias resolution could try with the prefix the alias is
defined in, but this is not the case, so I've just fixed the alias for now.

On Dec 5, 2007 10:24 PM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:

> FYI, I've had a look at GSHELL-60 and committed a fix for it so that the
> remote part of gshell can be used in ServiceMix 4.0.
> Lots of these changes are about adding constructors to classes (because
> spring does not support field injection).
> The only real changes are:
>    * introduce a new exception to remove the ComponentLookupException
> (plexus) thrown from TransportFactoryLocator
>    * refactor TransportFactoryLocator as an interface and rename the
> previous class to DefaultTransportFactoryLocator

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GSHELL-60
>

> On Nov 29, 2007 9:18 AM, Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:
>
> > Folks, I've halted any significant changes to GShell so we can push out
> > a stable release for Geronimo to consume in the next week or so.  Right now
> > it is pending some dependency releases:
> >  * plexus-cdc-anno
> >  * plexus-component-annotations
> >  * maven-remote-resources-plugin
> >  * groovy-maven-plugin
> >  * cobertura-maven-plugin
> >
> > I've got the ball rolling on each of those and with a wee bit of luck
> > and probably a healthy dose of pestering folks, we should get all of these
> > resolved to facilitate the first *official* GShell release... yay!
> >
> > I'm hoping to get GShell 1.0-alpha-1 out in the next week or so, really
> > as soon as the deps are published I will start the ball moving.  I could use
> > a little help in the mean time for things like legal oversight and anything
> > else I might have missed to help make the vote+release as smooth as
> > possible,  So if you have a few minutes spare it would be nice if you could
> > build the tree and poke around a bit er something.
> >
> > Should be as easy as:
> >
> >     svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/gshell/trunk gshell
> >     cd gshell
> >     mvn install
> >
> > and to test the shell, something like:
> >
> >     gunzip -c ./gshell-assembly/target/gshell-*-bin.tar.gz | tar xf -
> >     ./gshell-*/bin/gsh
> >
> > (and then just make sure that the 'help' command and 'exit' work should be sufficient
probs).

> > If ya find anything please file blocker issues for 1.1-alpha-1 here:
> >

> >   *
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GSHELL
> >

> > And I'll get it sorted out ASAP
> >

> >  * * *
> >

> > I've got a lot of plans to improve the plugability (and extensibility) of the shell
as well as tidy up some of the GShell (BASH-like) syntax, get the remote shell muck stable
and get some scripting examples up and running too... but I have to get this release out first
before I can continue as those are relatively destabilizing changes.

> > Lastly, a wee shout out to folks that have been in active with da'shell...
> >

> >  * David Jencks - Your insight is, IMO, invaluable... and I really appreciate you
taking to time to poke around and enjoy the bliss which is GShell :-P

> >  * Jason Warner - I really appreciate the extra pair of eyes (well, and patches
too), don't be afraid to laid down some pimp ideas or rants, whatever, I don't bite, no matter
what you might have heard :-P

> > And... well, to the rest of you too.  GShell has been a dream I've had er since
back in the dark days, and its really starting to becoming something useful.  So thanks for
giving my vision a shot to thrive (and well, ya know... kick ass) :-)

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet