geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Do Plugins need Prerequisites?
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:09:14 GMT
OK, so I agree the prereq feature is useful so I'll stop trying to
remove it :-)

However I ***really*** don't think it should be used for assuring the
correct web server.  I want to being install a plugin such as the web
console and have it install the web server as a dependency.  To me
this is an obvious use of the dependency facility.

I think we need some other kind of constraint such as "only one
plugin of type X" to handle the "wrong web server" problem.  I don't
think its a big enough immediate problem that we need it for 2.1.

thanks
david jencks