geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo not ready for Application Server ADF Runtime libraries
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 20:20:00 GMT

On Dec 4, 2007, at 12:28 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> One of your posts on the user list had enough stack trace to lead me
> to believe you have run into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3243
>  and as noted there this is a bug in both Activemq and ADF.
>
> We should do something to fix this problem in 2.1, either upgrade to
> a newer amq if available without this problem or include the
> equivalent of
>
> -Dorg.apache.activeio.journal.active.DisableLocking=true
>
> in an appropriate SystemPropertieds gbean.  Is anyone interested in
> looking into this further?

As noted in the jira, current users should set GERONIMO opts (e.g.
'export GERONIMO_OPTS=-
Dorg.apache.activeio.journal.active.DisableLocking=true') and then
start geronimo (e.g. 'geronimo.sh run')

Agreed that we should configure the property using the
SystemProperties GBean. IIRC, this problem is actually caused by
ActiveIO. ActiveMQ 5 doesn't include ActiveIO, but isn't released yet
and I don't think we want to move to a new release, anyway...

I moved the jira to 2.1 and set the priority to blocker...

--kevan