geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject How does the master repo stuff work?
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 00:26:07 GMT
I've been looking at Gianni's master repo stuff and am not sure I
understand how it works so I have some questions.

1. If you deploy into the "local" config store is there any way this
can result in activity in the master or cluster stores?  I would
expect not but I haven't been completely able to convince myself of
this.

2. If you deploy into the "master" config store can this result in
activity in the local config store?  Again I'd expect not.

3. Does the wadi clustering builder have anything to do with which
repos an app gets installed into?  Again I'd expect not.

4. Does the normal local attribute manager serve as attribute manager
and persistent configuration list for the master and cluster repos?
If not where do gbean customizations go for these repos?

5. After you've installed an app into the master repo, with say 3
servers in the cluster or farm, and you shut down all the servers,
what happens when you restart them?
a. one of the non-master servers before the master server
b. the master server
c. the other non-master server after the master.

Do you have to do anything to get the apps running on all servers?

Something else I was wondering about was possibly installing configs
via the plugin installer gbean which has a configured target repo
rather than directly into a config store.  This would provide
transitive dependency download features from the plugin system that
don't appear to be present in the current "direct to config store"
approach.  I imagine this would require all configs to have at least
a minimal geronimo-plugin.xml.... I'm thinking of adding this in
during deployment if its missing.

This is a really nice feature!
thanks
david jencks