geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving the Monitoring Plugin Into Trunk
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 18:06:34 GMT

On Dec 6, 2007, at 12:45 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> 1. Are we ready to move monitoring plugin out of sandbox?
+1

> 2. If yes, then where should we move it to? Should it be in server/
> trunk/plugins or should the monitoring plugin be a subproject.
I would vote for server/trunk/plugins,  if for no other reason than
to synchronize the monitoring plugin release with the server
release.  When the plugin gets to be more mature and can support
multiple versions of geronimo then maybe we would consider moving it
to a separate subproject.  Also, moving it to trunk ensures that it
will be included in the plugin catalog (~/.m2/repo/geronimo-
plugins.xml) when you build trunk and will make it very easy to add
monitoring to an assembly by just editing that assembly's pom.

> 3. What bug fixes/new features need to be added to the monitoring
> plugin before it's ready to be released?
I agree with Anita that it will need some testing & feedback before
releasing to the wild.  IMO the best way to facilitate that type of
exposure is to move it into trunk.  I think that this new monitoring
feature is important enough to justify holding up a 2.1 release if it
actually comes down to that.

Best wishes,
Paul