geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: structure of GShell commands
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:29:40 GMT
The structure is just for namespace, you can arrange commands however
you like... one of the benefits of GShell.

I just setup the structure, cause I'm anal and I organize
everything... er except my bedroom, which is a huge cluster*uck.

  * * *

My _recommendation_ is to have some sort of organization... though it
doesn't need to be "geronimo/*"...

Assuming that the configuration of GShell is specific to Geronimo,
then lets consider what someone using the interface might want/expect/
need?  But also keep in mind that they are free to drop in other
commands, like the BSF scripting bits (the 'script' command) or the
VFS commands (currently only 'copy') or remote support ('remote-
shell', 'rsh', 'remote-shell-server', 'rshd').

I'm not sure what the right organization is really... cause we are
just getting things rolling in this direction.

So I say we take a stab at what we *think* folks want, then do it...
and make changes later as needed.  IMO there is no reason not to
change something if we are making it easier/better.

--jason