geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Do Plugins need Prerequisites?
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:33:05 GMT
Aaron included a prerequisite feature for plugin metadata which is
supposed to prevent you from installing a plugin if some prerequisite
plugin is missing.  After some thought I can't think of a reason this
would possibly be useful or more useful than a dependency, where the
needed plugin is simply installed for you.

I disabled this functionality but forgot to discuss this point, but
now that Jarek has re-enabled it I think it's time for a discussion.

I do think there is some use for some feature that e.g. prevents
installing jetty if tomcat is present, but I don't think
prerequisites implement that in any useful way.

comments?
thanks
david jencks