geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving the Monitoring Plugin Into Trunk
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 05:00:30 GMT

On Dec 7, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:

>> 2. If yes, then where should we move it to? Should it be in server/
>> trunk/plugins or should the monitoring plugin be a subproject.
>
>    I was thinking of plugins..

I'm not sure it really matters where the code goes in the interim.
Plugins makes sense but I would move it to trunk first.  Trunk is
certainly viable and would likely get more people to look at the code,
report issues, and most likely ooh and awe about cool looking graphs
and statistics.

If it turns out that the monitoring bloats the server in an
unacceptable way, has incorrect statistics or consumes too many
resources then I would think that moving it to plugins would be a
reasonable approach.