geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GShell 1.0-alpha-1 update
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:59:01 GMT

On Dec 1, 2007, at 8:30 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Okay, I put it back in... publishing new snaps now.

Thanks.

So, first the NOTICE files in all of the jars are full of useless/
misleading gunk. Is it possible to lose them? All they need to contain
is the following:

     //
     // NOTICE file corresponding to the section 4d of The Apache
License,
     // Version 2.0, in this case for GShell CLI
     //

     GShell CLI
     Copyright 2003-2007 Apache Software Foundation

    Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org).

And nothing else. Guidance is welcome...

The assemblies are another matter. License text is needed for non-ASL2
licensed jar files. The NOTICE file needs to reproduce the notice
files from embedded jar files (ASL2) and give appropriate attribution
to their project (this is license dependent). I'll take a look at the
jar files for license/notice info.

--kevan