geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik B. Craig" <ecr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving the Monitoring Plugin Into Trunk
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 01:21:52 GMT
Anita,
You mentioned that the collecting agent running within the same jvm
(I.E. under a Geronimo instance being monitored as a plugin) is an
issue due to resource consumption... however I am unsure what a good
alternative approach would be? Are you suggesting we have a separate
instance of G to monitor a target instance? Or are you suggesting that
the mrc-server be a standalone java app that runs in it's own JVM?

Currently the graph builder will plot any data being grabbed as
snapshots in any method defined by the user. In the current graph
creation page, the user has the option to differentiate between raw
count vs. count/time or even count/some other count. There are a lot
of options configurable by the user.

Additionally... do you have an example of the graphs for
TimeStatistics or BoundedRangeStatistics being wrong/how they are wrong?