geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r601048 [1/5] - in /geronimo/specs/trunk: ./ geronimo-jsp_2.1_spec/src/main/resources/javax/servlet/jsp/resources/ geronimo-saaj_1.1_spec/ geronimo-saaj_1.3_spec/ geronimo-saaj_1.3_spec/src/main/java/javax/xml/soap/
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 19:57:16 GMT
On Dec 4, 2007 2:38 PM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, this *is* the axis2 saaj 1.3 spec.
> I've done that for two reasons:
>   * the spec jar becomes an osgi bundle (along with all the other specs)

Ok but we can work with the Axis2 community to get this done.

>   * it provides a single location for all specs

We pull two specs from Axis2 so we would have to replicate them both.
But in general, I don't think we need to replicate the specs although
I do understand the reason to keep things in one place.
I did mention this idea on the Axis2 list (to move the spec api to
Geronimo) a while ago but nothing much came out if it (and I didn't
really push it). Maybe something to consider again.

> I guess this is the same problem as the stax api which is available in
> public repo with an ASL license.

Right, but if I remember correctly we actaully had a good reason for
that. I think the published version had some tck issues.

Jarek