geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving the Monitoring Plugin Into Trunk
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 17:33:49 GMT
So I think we are kind of caught in a catch 22 here...

The issue is, the server is pluggable for the most part.  People may/may
not want EJB, but definitely want the management capabilities.

Whats your thought on an adapter interface that provides for full JSR-77
compatibility, thus requiring EJB, or a switch that allows for pure JMX
remoting?  This would allow for compliance or be able to leverage the
management without EJB if so desired.

Thoughts?