geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Uninstalling an application
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 15:57:18 GMT

Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
>     I installed a plugin using 'plugins' portlet in the admin console.
> It worked as expected. After the plugin is uninstalled it leaves its
> dependent cars and ears behind. I have tried it from both command line
> and console. Next time I install the plugin using 'plugins' I get old
> dependencies. I have to hand delete the stuff from G/repository and
> edit config.xml to install it correctly. Is there a better way to do
> this?

I'm not sure why you would have to edit config.xml.  You should be able
to uninstall the dependencies manually via command line or the console
without the need to modify config.xml manually.  The catch is that you
need to know what those dependencies are that were installed as a result
of your deployment.

At the moment there is nothing to remove the dependencies.  In order to
be able to remove dependencies that were installed we would need to keep
some use counts or something similar.  We had discussed this a while
back with some proposals ... but at the moment nothing is implemented.

Joe