geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving the Monitoring Plugin Into Trunk
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 02:18:42 GMT

David Jencks wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2007, at 4:29 PM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
>
>> Viet,
>>    Thanks for working on the monitoring console. A lot still remains to
>> be done. There are architectural issues which need to be addressed:
>>     Currently the agent (aka mrc-server) needs to reside in same jvm as
>> the server being monitored. It consumes significant DB resources.
>
> While this might not be ideal (I don't know one way or another) does
> this make it useless?   I'd be in favor of getting something out with
> some useful functionality now, and improving it as it gets used.

I was going to say the same but you beat me to it.

+1 with your comment...new functionality is the way to go on this.  This
is a huge step in the right direction and gives the user more power than
they had before.  It may not be perfect but it certainly is wickedly
cool ;-)

Anita, can you please technically show why this is not ready or should
not be released?  Can you explain/show where the graphs are wrong?  This
may help move things along.

Jeff