geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Releasing the parent spec pom.
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 15:11:30 GMT
I was just starting the release process for the latest activation and
javamail spec jars.  The parent pom for the current trunk version is
listed as being 1.2-SNAPSHOT.  Previous releases used a 1.2 version
number.  However, the current trunk version will not build with the 1.2
parent pom.  It appears that when the OSGI changes were introduced, the
parent pom version was made 1.2-SNAPSHOT when it should have been
1.3-SNAPSHOT.  Is that correct?

I can deal with that, but now I'm trying to figure out the release
process for the parent pom.  How is this done?  In the past, we released
all of the specs as a group, so the 1_1 tag branch contained the 1.1
parent POM.  I don't see anything in our branches to indicate that a 1.2
parent pom release was ever made, but we have current released specs
that have it as a dependency.

Additionally, the specs pom in trunk explicitly lists each of the
submodules in the pom, which is a bit of a problem if it is to be built
from a branch containing just the pom and not the subprojects.

So anyway, I'm guessing the first step needs to be to update the parent
pom version to 1.3-SNAPSHOT.  Once that's done, whats the procedure for
creating a non-snapshot version for newly released spec jars to use as a
parent?

Rick