geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving the Monitoring Plugin Into Trunk
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 18:18:28 GMT

On Dec 6, 2007, at 10:06 AM, Paul McMahan wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2007, at 12:45 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>
>> 1. Are we ready to move monitoring plugin out of sandbox?
> +1
>
>> 2. If yes, then where should we move it to? Should it be in server/
>> trunk/plugins or should the monitoring plugin be a subproject.
> I would vote for server/trunk/plugins,  if for no other reason than
> to synchronize the monitoring plugin release with the server
> release.  When the plugin gets to be more mature and can support
> multiple versions of geronimo then maybe we would consider moving
> it to a separate subproject.  Also, moving it to trunk ensures that
> it will be included in the plugin catalog (~/.m2/repo/geronimo-
> plugins.xml) when you build trunk and will make it very easy to add
> monitoring to an assembly by just editing that assembly's pom.

I don't have a strong opinion yet on where this should go, but I'd
like to point out that any plugin you build with the car-maven-
plugin, such as the roller or apacheds plugins, will have its
metadata added to your local maven repo's geronimo-plugins.xml
catalog.  Similarly, no matter where the plugin is in svn, you can
add it to a maven-built assembly by editing the assemblies pom.

thanks
david jencks