geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Dillon" <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: GShell 1.0-alpha-1 release update
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2007 05:23:23 GMT
No worries take a whack at it. Though IMO its too bad the "apache way" slows down releasing
binaries so much. Like I want to push out alpha-1 um like a week ago. I know there are holes,
which well filla nd then roll out another alpha.

Its certainly not going to be perfect that's for sure. Which is why I tend to follow the release
often strategy. Push out something that is functional, fix it up and then push it out again.

Seems to me like we have a 2-3 week minumum for each release, almost regaurdless of what it
is... Though the javaee server and its tck muck certainly adds on more weeks.

It seems like if nothing at all changed ina subproject it will still take the better part
of a month to make a release :-(

Well take a look... Let's try to get this finished in the next week na... I'm goinig to be
out of the country for 3 weeks startin on the 22nd.... And I'd reallly, really like to have
the release done by then....

But more so I think we need to rethink our stratagy.  on releases.... It should be easy and
quick. IMO the 3 day vote period is long enough :-P

Well ping me if you need something changed. I'm at your disposal next week if it helps move
things along...aight?

:-)

--jason