geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Vamsavardhana Reddy" <c1vams...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploying to multiple instances of G
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 15:19:58 GMT
On Dec 4, 2007 7:36 PM, Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Currently when an app is deployed to an instance of G (say A), it
> show up as 'stopped' in other instances. IIRC the relevant config.xml
> had load=false for this config.

There shouldn't be any entry for this app in config.xml in the other
instances of the server.  Atleast it does not get added at deployment time.
Even if it gets added with load="false", it does not result in a server
startup failure whether or not the app is uninstalled from the server
instance it is originally installed.

If the app is deleted from A and all
> the servers are shutdown. The other servers can not be started
> (NoSuchConfigException) because the config (app) has been removed from
> the repository. What should be the correct behavior?

If the app is installed from instance A and uninstalled from instance B then
instance A is in trouble.  I raised this concern a while ago and David
Jencks said it is expected.  As long as the app is installed and uninstalled
from the same server instance, it should not (and does not currently) affect
other instances.