geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From ivanrc <>
Subject Re: J2EE application client in geronimo 2.0.2
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:24:21 GMT

I´m has created application client with that deployment descriptors
(geronimo-application-client.xml and application-client.xml)   but when I
deploy it, I obtain this error:

D:\temp\ejb3\geronimo_client>java -jar
er.jar --user system --password manager --host localhost --port 1099 deploy
    Error: Unable to distribute app_client.jar: Cannot deploy the
    requested application module because no deployer is able to handle
    it.  This can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment
    descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or if, for example, you are
    trying to deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server that
    does not have EJB support installed.

Presione una tecla para continuar . . .

Do you know what is the problem?

My jar is named app_client.jar and it contains..

 - client/MainClient.class that contains main static method

 - META-INF/application-client.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<application-client xmlns=""

    <display-name>JAXB Client</display-name>

- META-INF/geronimo-application-client.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

- META-INF/MANIFEST.MF contains: Main-Class: client.MainClient