geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Viet Nguyen" <vhng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we deal generically with container specific jsr77 statistics?
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:46:24 GMT
> I suggest we have in geronimo-management a StatsImpl class similar to
> the existing one but taking the name-statistic map in its constructor
> and being immutable.
>
> Then the jetty/tomcat specific stats classes won't implement Stats at
> all but just the container specific method.  Instead of extending
> StatsImpl they will delegate to an instance they create in their
> constructor.
>
> The MEJB can return the delegate StatsImpl objects, thus avoiding any
> need for any container specific classes, and the container specific
> adapters can be in with the containers.

I noticed that in the JSR 77 spec, the generic classes such as
EJBModuleStats extends Stats. Meaning the EJBModuleStatsImpl will
extend StatsImpl, the way things are with the Jetty/Tomcat specific
stats right now. So if we took the specific Jetty/Tomcat stats code
(something that is not defined by JSR-77) and used the technique you
suggested, David, do you think that will be a tolerable inconsistency?
I have tested your idea and everything works fine. If there are no
objections I can put a create a new jira along with the patch.

-Viet