geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Should we move the framework assembly into framework?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 22:59:18 GMT

On Nov 6, 2007, at 2:39 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>> Moving the boilerplate and framework assembly into framework might
>> make it simpler to see how to construct custom servers and check
>> that the framework assembly only has what it should inside.
>> Thoughts?
>
> I'm ok with it in either location.
>
> If it is moved then it would be valuable if we could modify the
> build to automatically include everything under configs in the
> assembly.  That way there would be no doubt that it included
> exactly what should be in framework.

That might not be appropriate.  In fact I think we should trim the
framework assembly further by removing the geronimo-gbean-deployer
config.  _Maybe_ we can assemble all the configs in framwork with the
bootstrap gbean deployer..... in which case maybe your idea would
work.  I think the most important thing about the framework assembly
is to keep it small :-)

thanks
david jencks