geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn: Can't move source to dest on Windows
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:37:24 GMT

On Nov 20, 2007, at 1:48 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> yeah, the comma is also a problem.
>
> Cheers!
> Hernan
>
> Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:
>> There is also a comma in the filename!!  Should that be got rid of
>> too?
>> ++Vamsi
>> On Nov 20, 2007 1:27 AM, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com <mailto:jgawor@gmail.com

>>    SVN checkout on Windows is failing for me becuase recently a
>> file was
>>    renamed to have ":" in the name. That's not supported on
>> Windows. Can
>>    we change this back?
>>    Here's the change:
>>    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/server/trunk/assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/rc.d/
>>    <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/server/trunk/assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/rc.d/

>>    Here's the error I'm seeing:
>>    svn: In directory
>>    'assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/
>> rc.d'
>>    svn: Can't move source to dest
>>    svn: Can't move
>>    'assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/
>> rc.d/.svn/tmp/prop-base/geronimo-commands:start-server,
>>    default.groovy.svn-base'
>>    'assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/
>> rc.d/.svn/prop-base/geronimo-commands:start-
>> server,default.groovy.svn-base':
>>    No such file or directory
>>    Jarek

OK. I've svn mv'ed the file to a filename format that won't break
windows users, but won't work also. At least Windows users can svn co/
up our source, now.

Gianny or Jason,
Something that one of you can resolve?

Here's what I did:

svn ci --message "temporary hack. : and , are not supported by windows
in a filename. so windows users aren't able to checkout code. Need a
more portable filename solution"
Deleting       rc.d/geronimo-commands:start-server,default.groovy
Adding         rc.d/geronimo-commandsCOLONstart-
serverCOMMAdefault.groovy

Committed revision 597170.

--kevan