geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Administering geronimo remotely
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:54:26 GMT

On Nov 28, 2007, at 5:50 PM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:

>    I am trying to administer a geronimo instance remotely using admin
> console. I can install jars to remote g instance using "Repository"
> link, i.e. the jar files from local file system get installed in
> remote
> g repo as expected. I tried a car and was able to install it too!

I'm not entirely clear what you are saying here.... did you use the
plugins page install the car file or the "add a jar to the repo"
page?  I wouldn't expect the plugin page to work without additional
infrastructure running, see below.

> This
> car (a J2EE Connector) showed up in "stopped" state, so I started it
> (using 'start' link on remote console). This caused a "lifecycle
> operation failed ...
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException:" error. Is
> this the expected behavior?
>    if I select the local .m2 repo as plugin repository in "plugins"
> portlet, should I expect the selected plugin to be installed at the
> remote instance using jars/cars from the local files system?

In order for this to work you'd need to have the local .m2 repository
available on a web server to the remote machine and I think the
plugins would generally have to say they are available from this web
server in the geronimo-plugin.xml file.

hope this helps...
david jencks