geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Inserting a filter into the web container
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:05:04 GMT
Is there some good way to insert a filter/interceptor into the web
container request processing chain that would work for both Tomcat and
Jetty?  For example, let's say you wanted to apply some particular
request validation/auditing functionality to every application,
without changing the application configuration (e.g. without updating
web.xml).  It would be easy to write a little request filter or
interceptor to do it -- I'm just not sure what the best way is to hook
that in so it gets executed, and whether we have common
filters/interceptors for Tomcat and Jetty or whether you'd have to do
something different for each.

Thanks,
       Aaron