geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JNDI lookup problem in Jetty portlet
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 04:07:46 GMT
I've looked at this a bit and here's my current understanding of the
problem. First, we are dealing with two different web application
contexts (/console and /MonitoringPortlet) and both web app contexts
have different JNDI trees with different resources. The console is
basically forwarding a request from /console to /MonitoringPortlet. It
looks like on Jetty when a request is forwarded from one context to
another, the JNDI tree associated with the current thread does NOT
change for the duration of the call. That means, when a monitoring
portlet looks for resources in JNDI it actaully gets /console JNDI
tree instead of its own.
Your portlet works on Tomcat as Tomcat appears to be properly
switching the JNDI trees during the call.

So this seems like a bug in Jetty but I couldn't really find much info
on how this should work in the specs. Does anybody know?

For now I opened a bug to track this issue:

Jarek