geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Shiva Kumar H R" <shiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.1 Release
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:24:13 GMT

> I think it's time to start discussing the particulars of a 2.1 release.
>
> There's been a lot of advancements made in our plugin infrastructure.
> There's also been the pluggable console enhancements. It would be good
> to get a release out, with these capabilities. They provide a more
> solid platform for future enhancements, I think.
>
> There's also GShell and new monitoring capabilities. I'm probably
> missing a few other new functions.

GERONIMO-3254 Admin Console Wizard to auto generate geronimo-web.xml is
almost complete and I can wrap up the remaining work-items within a week or
so. And if I get a week/two more I can also complete GERONIMO-3432 Admin
Console Wizard to auto generate openejb-jar.xml

Finally, IIUC, 2.1 would be able to support a Terracotta plugin. I'd
> also be very interested to hear what WADI capabilities that could be
> exposed.
>
> I'm willing to bang the release manager drum. I see that Joe has
> already started tugging on the TCK chain
>
> What do others think? How close are we to a 2.1 release? What
> additional capabilities and bug fixes are needed? Can we wrap up
> development activities in the next week or two?
>
> --kevan

-- Shiva