geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Can we deal generically with container specific jsr77 statistics?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 14:31:56 GMT

Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
> David,
> Please see
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3586#action_12540957
>     To summarize, the question is whether Tomcat*Stats (and
> Tomcat*StatsImpl) is a management interface or a tomcat interface. To
> me, if it imports only management classes, it is a management interface
> and its implementation which also imports ONLY management classes
> belongs in g-management.
>     Given that all management interfaces and their 33 implementations
> are in g-management,

Just to clarify the structure and the history:

The standard Stats from the the JSR77 spec are in o/a/g/management/stats

The "generic" Geronimo Stats which are extensions to the spec are in
o/a/g/management/geronimo/stats

Until recently, the o/a/g/management/geronimo/stats package only
included generic stats classes (meaning they were not supposed to be
specific to the implementation of the component such as Jetty or
Tomcat).  Jetty specific classes which extended these generic classes
were in o/a/g/jetty and the intention was that tomcat specific classes
would be included in tomcat.

Joe