geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PLEASE read before you commit]: Restructuring trunk in SVN !!!
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 11:16:11 GMT
Thanks for all the hard work.

Is there still a need for a applications directory?  Shouldn't these all
be moved into the plugins directory now?

Also, shouldn't we include some notes in the BUILDING.txt and/or GMOxDEV
about the new directory layout and where new code should be placed, like
the difference between the framework, component and plugin directories...

-Donald

Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> server/trunk/modules deleted via Revision 591372
>
> server/trunk/configs deleted via Revision 591373.
>
> This completes Geronimo-3565.
>
> Cheers
> Prasad
>
> On 10/31/07, Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The restructured trunk has built successfully 3 times now. It has
>> passed our testsuite and TCK tests. At this point, I am not going to
>> waste any time trying to fix -Dstage=former profile to build our old
>> trunk.
>>
>> The unused pieces of old trunk will be deleted tomorrow.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Prasad
>>
>> On 10/30/07, Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The -Dstage=former is not working as desired. I was unsuccessful in
>>> fixing it tonight. I'll try again tomorrow.
>>>
>>> However, the new restructuring is building fine. It has passed
>>> testsuite tests too.
>>>
>>> (If it passes TCK too, I may not waste any more time trying to fix old
>>> build, esp when I am deleting it the day after). Does anybody really
>>> really want it to work ?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Prasad

I shall