geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <...@jnwd.net>
Subject Re: How to switch web service providers?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 18:02:41 GMT
I also like 2, 3, and 4.  But with a twist, setting up server
configuration 'templates' and allowing users to do the same.  Then
allowing the user/administrator to change which template their server
should morph to.

We would supply templates for all of our default builds (essentially a
copy of the config.xml that would have been supplied with the server
build) and once a user had configured their server the way they wanted
to, they would be able to export the current config.xml as a template.

Then we would have gshell command(s) that would download whatever
plugins were needed and twist the config.xml to match the selected
server configuration.

This is a little bigger than just changing the web service container -
But I think it could have some very cool uses.

Jay