geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.1 Release
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 17:54:35 GMT

Kevan Miller wrote:
> I think it's time to start discussing the particulars of a 2.1 release.
>
> There's been a lot of advancements made in our plugin infrastructure.
> There's also been the pluggable console enhancements. It would be good
> to get a release out, with these capabilities. They provide a more solid
> platform for future enhancements, I think.
>
> There's also GShell and new monitoring capabilities. I'm probably
> missing a few other new functions.
>
> Finally, IIUC, 2.1 would be able to support a Terracotta plugin. I'd
> also be very interested to hear what WADI capabilities that could be
> exposed.
>
> I'm willing to bang the release manager drum. I see that Joe has already
> started tugging on the TCK chain
>
> What do others think? How close are we to a 2.1 release? What additional
> capabilities and bug fixes are needed? Can we wrap up development
> activities in the next week or two?

I think it would be good to get 2.1 out before the Holidays and I think
that is reasonable.  IMO we have enough function now to declare a release.

Aside from getting tck passing and released version of current SNAPSHOT
dependencies ... I think we ought to get config.xml updated.  With the
changes for the flexible server, config.xml is now being generated and
isn't quite as user friendly as it once was.  I don't know much about
this area but I'll gladly help.  There are also a few usability items
that I'd like to see if I can get in ... but they are not critical.

Joe