geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <...@jnwd.net>
Subject Re: config.xml changes
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 17:30:27 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>

>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>> Thanks for the explanation David.  I'll look into the
>>> geronimo-plugins.xml for Tomcat.  I'll also try adding some comments
>>> in the geronimo-plugins.xml and see if it makes it into the config.xml.
>>
>> Well, I guess adding comments into geronimo-plugin.xml isn't going to
>> work since those files themselves are generated too.  I think this
>> all goes back to the poms, right?
>
> Yes, but I would think we could add comment elements there -- didn't
> someone recently add this less-volatile way of commenting?  BTW I
> expect to be reworking the LocalAttributeManager to use jaxb shortly.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>>
>> Joe

There has been a change added that allows comments to be maintained in
the config.xml file through server start/stops and config changes.  It
requires the use of the attributes-1.2 schema (which seems to be the
currently used version in the geronimo-plugins.xml files).  So, it
shouldn't be too painful to add support for comments in the
geronimo-plugins.xml.

Where are these files being generated from the poms?

Jay